Sunday, September 09, 2007

The Bates' First Post - Yeah.....


The Bates'






Our first post with pictures and video. Yeah! Small victories.

There always seems to be so much going on around here. We thought this would be the most efficient way to journal and at the same time, keep in touch with everyone. Win-win!!

We have made a commitment to post once a week on Sundays. What a great way to capture our best moments with Elizabeth. We have both been blessed to have quality time with her. Ken watches her until noon and then I take over at noon each weekday. And wow, is she at a fun age! As most of you know, it is something new everyday.

August was a fun but busy month. We returned this week from some R&R on the east coast with the Guilfoile's (Ken's mom's side of the family). It was GrandMary's first time with all of her children, daughter-in-law's and grandchildren together under one roof. She was very appreciative of all of us making the trip for her. She had to wait for grandchildren but she is definitely a loving and attentive grandmother!! We also had a very special day where we celebrated Nanny's 90th birthday. What a milestone and what an amazing lady as well.
Here is Elizabeth, her first time in the ocean (the Atlantic no less). She will be 14 months in just 2 days. She has so many words, talks all of the time and is an incredibly busy and happy child. I can't get over how cute she looks in her little suit with those chubby little thighs and pink hat. She also donned some Carter's sunglasses which I am surprised she let me torture her with for as long as she did.













Now...especially for the grandparents, here is a short video taken in early August, just as Elizabeth was getting confident walking around. I think she will be running soon! I will be posting lots of videos for you so that you can watch her grow.

Enjoy.......

As for business, Military Home Programs is alive and thriving. Luckily, we picked a nitch that has a chance of surviving this mortgage lending storm as we do VA Loans. Apparently, they have been around now for 63 years and continue to work in any market. So don't forget to refer your family and friends to us!
I am also excited as I just received word from Military Spouse Magazine that they would like for me to continue writing for them. In 2008, they are going to be publising monthly issues and the "Home Buying Guide" is a welcome curriculum. Yeah! What great exposure for our little company.
Ken news this week is that he joined a men's bible study at church covering the Wild at Heart book. It is Saturday mornings at 8:00am. Prior to Elizabeth, this would have sounded pretty early but now, 8:00 am is a full hour after we are all up and about. Pretty funny how life changes.
Well, I am late on my MSM deadline so I must get back to article writing. Lots of love to you all.
KMB

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your new blog, Karen and Ken! I can't wait to see more pics and videos of beautiful Izzy. All of our love, Michelle and Marisa (and Cass)

Anonymous said...

This is so nice. I love the video!! I miss my Elizabeth!!

We love you,
Jordin and Susan